Make Money Online
How to Sell Domain Names on GoDaddy
If you are thinking about selling your domains, the GoDaddy marketplace can be a good place for this. It connects buyers and sellers interested in the field of domaining. Sellers must first buy auction membership on GoDaddy and then they can place their domains for sales. It is then open for bids on the GoDaddy platform and prospective buyers can bid on it. You can then accept the bid if you find it suitable and close the deal. Sometimes, GoDaddy also runs promotions where you can get the auction membership for free for one year.
Why you should sell domains on the GoDaddy platform?
There are various options for selling domain names like Sedo, Flippa, and some others. But GoDaddy has got several advantages over these and thus you should go with GoDaddy only when it comes to getting the best price for your domains. These advantages include:
- There are several buyers on GoDaddy. This means that you will get good number of bids on your domain listing which results in higher price most of the times.
- All the buyers are verified on their platform which removes fake offers.
- There is also an option of paid premium listing which will increase the visibility of your listing.
- There are several options to receive the payment for your domain. This provides flexibility to the seller as he can choose payment method as per his choice.
- The auction membership fee on GoDaddy is also very affordable and less than that of alternate sites.
- There are various auction tools to assist both the buyers and sellers.
- You can watch other domain listings category wise and thus can get idea about the correct expected price of your domain.
- There is option to end the domain listing in 7 days automatically with the highest bid. This saves a lot of time and results in faster sales.
How to sell domains on GoDaddy
Before selling the domain name, you must estimate the correct price for the domain. You will have to mention the estimated price while listing the domain for sale. For this purpose, you can take help of domain valuation tools available online for free. One such tool is available from GoDaddy itself.
To list the domain, follow the following process:
- Login in your GoDaddy account by entering username and password.
- Go to “My products” and click on “Manage” for the domain that you want to put on sale.
- Click “Buy and Sell” and choose “GoDaddy Auction Listings”.
- Now go to “Selling List” and choose “List a Domain”, If you do not have “GoDaddy Auction Membership”, it will ask you to buy one with your credit card. Skip this if you already have the membership.
- Fill the domain details and choose listing type. There are different types of listings like “Buy it now”, “Make an offer” and so on.
- Choose payment method by which you want to get paid on successful sale.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click on finish. The domain will be listed for sale.
- You can always track the progress of the listing like the current bids by logging in back.
I hope this post cleared all your doubts related to “How to sell domains on GoDaddy?”.